A metal detector is a necessary gadget when searching for missing stuff in the ground. A metal detector can assist you in either seeking buried treasure or looking for your keys. However, if it isn’t maintained properly, it will rapidly become useless and need to be replaced on a regular basis.
The good news is that there are some simple steps you can take in order to ensure your machine lasts as long as possible before having to replace it! This article will cover how to clean and store a metal detector in order to prolong its life and maintain its functionality. So read on if this sounds like something you want more information about!
For those of you who are looking for a new or better metal detector we would recommend checking out this article about the best metal detectors for different purposes, whether for a beach, coins, jewelry or underwater treasure hunting, this article has it all covered.
Why you should clean and store your machine
There are a few very good reasons why you should clean and store your metal detector! Keeping the machine clean won’t only ensure that it works properly and lasts a long time, but it’s also essential to avoid any injuries. Here are some of the top reasons why you should always clean and store your metal detector:
- To keep the machine functioning properly, it’s important to keep all the parts clean and free of dirt and debris. Your detector may not function as well as it should if it isn’t cleaned on a regular basis, or worse – it could completely fail.
- To avoid injuries, it’s critical to keep the equipment clean and clear of sharp objects. If you contact them, these can cause severe wounds and harm.
- By storing your metal detector in a clean and dry place, you can avoid any damage caused by moisture or rust. The machine will be destroyed if it is exposed to rain, filth, or cold air. So it’s important to protect the equipment from these elements.
- Finally, taking these steps will allow you to keep your metal detector looking as good as possible. This can help with the resale value, or simply make it easier for you to find!
How to clean a metal detector
Here are some steps on how to clean a metal detector for optimum performance:
- Turn off and unplug your metal detector.
- Thoroughly clean the surface of the machine with a soft brush and warm water, then dry with a towel.
- Next, the coil cable should be wound up and stored away, also make sure that the ground balancer is turned off. Coil cables should be kept clean and free of debris at all times in order to avoid malfunctions.
- If possible, oil the metal detector before placing it away in its storage container. This can help to preserve and protect the metal detector from moisture damage.
As well as keeping the machine clean, you also need to store it correctly in order to prolong its life and maintain functionality!
How to store a metal detector
When it comes to storing a metal detector, there are a few key things to remember! Firstly, make sure that you store it in a dry place. Aside from avoiding damage caused by moisture, you should also make sure that there are no sources of heat nearby – this can cause condensation to form on the machine and potentially damage any sensitive electronics inside. Keep your metal detector in a cool, dry location to avoid damaging its paintwork. Direct sunlight can also cause this.
Ideally, purchase a metal detector container that is made specifically for this purpose; it will be less damaged by other objects in the vicinity. Make sure that when you are storing the machine it is kept flat, to avoid bending or breaking any of the components inside. If there are hard objects around this storage container, these should be removed beforehand. These objects can cause corrosion or damage to other parts if they rub together while your metal detector is being stored – so stay aware!
Keep all of the equipment that comes with your metal detector in its storage container, including any coils, ground trowel, or other accessories.
Finally, store your coil cable separately from your machine if possible so it doesn’t get damaged – consider using a coil cable winder to make this easier!
By following these tips, you can ensure that your metal detector lasts for many years to come. By cleaning and storing it correctly, you’ll be able to avoid any unnecessary damage and keep the machine in good condition for years to come.
Thank you for reading! We hope that this article was useful and enjoyable to read – good luck with your future treasure hunts!